I offer competitive and reasonable rates. I am focused on providing equitable access to therapy for all.
Although psychotherapy is not covered by OHIP, coverage for psychotherapy services under employee/workplace/private health insurance varies, depending on your health benefits package. Please check with your employer or insurance provider to determine your level of coverage or if your health benefits cover psychotherapy. If your insurance plan covers registered psychotherapy you can submit the receipts for reimbursement. For income tax purposes, psychological services may be claimed as a medical expense. It is a regulated profession in Ontario under the new College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO.ca) of which I am a registered member (005198)
Payments accepted in cheque, cash, e-transfer, and all major credit cards. No Interac/debit on site. All purchases are non-refundable so please be mindful
This is essential for a healthy relationship between client and therapist. I take notes during our sessions which is a requirement of the CRPO. These are not hidden from you in any way and are stored in a secure and private location. Anything you talk about in a session is kept in strict confidence unless you give written permission to share this information outside of my practice. There are a few exceptions:
- If you inform me that you are going to harm yourself or someone else, I am required by law to do anything that I can to reasonably prevent this from happening.
- I am required by law to report any suspected or potential child abuse and/or neglect to the Ministry of Children and Family Development or to the Police.
- If a vulnerable adult is abused or neglected a report may be filed with the appropriate governmental agency.
- A subpoena by a court of law requiring disclosure from me and/your counselling records.
- I might from time to time consult with a clinical supervisor regarding your case where I discuss my course of action, and any issues that come up for me in order to better serve you; however, client names are never used and identifying information is changed to protect client identity.
Once you book a time with me, please note that this time is yours. I allow up to a 24-hour window before the session for cancellations or changes; within the 24-hour window, you are financially responsible for the session whether you arrive on time, for part of the session or none of the session.
Studies show that very few people who reach voicemails, leave messages. Because I am often with clients, voicemail and email* are often the best way to contact me. When you leave me a message, I do my best to contact you within one business day. It is important to note that I am legally and ethically unable to provide psychological advise, diagnoses or assessments to clients via email or to people who are not my clients. If you have concerns you wish to discuss, you may contact me directly at 519.719.9240, or fill out the form on our Contact Page I look forward to speaking with you.
Your main responsibilities in the therapeutic process are to attend your scheduled session, speak as openly and honestly as you can, and attempt to the best of your ability to complete any “homework” I might give you. Most of the time I will suggest you try a new approach(es) to dealing with issues and the process is enhanced and personal goals are achieved more quickly if you are willing to experiment and try different things. Then come back to your next session ready to discuss how that new approach (es) may or may not have worked. Ultimately my goal is that you leave feeling like you have grown, learned and benefited from the therapeutic experience. Your last responsibility is to please let me know as soon as possible if you cannot make your scheduled appointment.